01. What is SmartCityX?
SmartCityX is a global community of best-in-class, stage-agnostic startups with a common vision of redefining the way we live, learn and work. Placing an emphasis on six core verticals, SmartCityX connects startups with leading corporations and industry thought-leaders to help them realize top-line growth opportunities in Japan and around the world while also facilitating lasting relationships that enable cities to become more livable, resilient and sustainable.
02. Do I have to relocate to Japan for the program?
No. You don’t need to. The program will be remotely executed.
03. Does it cost to apply or participate?
No. It doesn’t cost startups anything to apply or participate.
06. How long is the application process?
The application shouldn’t take you more than 20-25 minutes.
07. What will I get from participating?
Startups receive access to access to our community of industry leaders, advice on how to build successful businesses, business development opportunities, and access to our network of corporate and partners.
08. What is the timeline of the program?
The applications open on August 26, 2020. The final deadline to submit is November 30, 2020 (11:59pm PST). We will announce the participants in January 2021 and the program kicks off in February 2021.
09. Will the program pay for the transportation and accommodations at the event?
As a general rule, they are not paid.
10. What will be the treatment of intellectual property during the program?
The intellectual property rights and the business plans developed during the program will belong to the participants.